Thursday, November 15, 2012
GRANDVIEW - The Grandview School Board this past Tuesday approved a one-year agreement for school resource officer (SRO) services.
The deal is with the city of Grandview for 2012-13 and will require the school district to pay the city $3,810 each month.
Brad Shreeve is the district's finance director, and he noted the deal continues a policy change that started in 2010. That adjustment, which will be in place for the new contract, calls on the city and school district to split the cost of an SRO 50/50. The amount Grandview schools remits each month represents its half of the cost.
Shreeve said that a previous arrangement in place prior to 2010 had the Grandview School District paying 75 percent of the SRO's cost and the city the remaining 25 percent.
Under terms of the contract approved Tuesday night, the city will bill Grandview schools before the fifth of each month, with payment due on the last day of the month.
In related news, the school board okayed an addendum in the SRO deal that requires both the city and school district to file a formal amendment in writing if there are to be changes in the agreement.
The SRO agreement approved by Grandview School Board members had previously been approved by the Grandview City Council.